For many years now, I have enjoyed walking your dogs and, don’t worry, and I am going to continue to do so for many years yet. But I have noticed that, in these busy times, when more of us have to go out to work, juggle the school runs, the shopping, the after-school activities and all the rest of it, that some dog-owners simply don’t have the time to drop the family dog off at kennels, which can sometimes be a good distance away from where we live and which, whilst a good option, doesn’t suit every animal. And when the working day is very long, it is not fair to the dog to be alone all day.
Like people, our pets need exercise, mental stimulation and, above all, companionship. With this in mind, we at Finchleydogwalkers would like to introduce our pet-sitting service.
- A Regular Routine Makes a Happy Pet
- A pet without a settled routine or left alone can sometimes suffer anxiety or behavioural problems. Why not consider a home visit from an experienced and qualified dog walker. I will visit once or twice a day to feed your pet and let them out for their daily exercise. The important point is that I will fit in with their – and your – daily schedule so that all the family routines are kept as normal as possible.
- I will feed and water them to your specifications, thereby eliminating any anxiety about mealtimes.
- I will take your dog out for a short local walk if you want me to do so; no more worries about coming home to an unwanted mess in the house!
- I will even open and close your curtains, switch lights on or off so that it will look like you are in, which can only be good for security and peace of mind.
- I keep you informed with regard to any walking activity and feeding; I’ll even send you texts or photos if you’re away!
I’m Derek Chambers, the founder (and top dog!) of Finchleypetsitters, and I come with vast experience of dogs from all walks of life and a sound knowledge base. I have been passionate about dogs all my life, all sorts of breeds and all sorts of temperaments. Fully insured and CRB checked so you can be assured of the very best care and dedication when it comes to your pets.
We‘ll be updating the blog here regularly, but for now, all that remains is to welcome you to the new site.